Teti Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Teti Library at the New Hampshire Institute of Art is to select, acquire, preserve and make available those resources both in our general and special collections to support the college curriculum. The Teti librarians and para-professionals are highly trained individuals committed to assisting students and faculty with their research needs while promoting independent research skills. The Teti Library strives to provide NHIA students, faculty, and staff with exceptional library and information programs, resources, and services so that they, as life-long learners, are given the tools they need to achieve excellence in their scholarly and creative pursuits.
Teti Library Goals
1. To provide access to current and authoritative information resources that will support the needs of the NHIA community and promote student success.
2. To serve as a resource to students and faculty by providing materials that support the curricular needs of Art History, Art Theory and Practice, Studio Arts, Photography, Illustration, Graphic Design, Art Education, Creative Writing and other arts and humanities departments.
3. To provide quality, diversity, relevance, and balance that will promote the development of critical analysis skills and informed judgment.
4. To assist students with the construction of search strategies that result in the effective use of library resources through Information Literacy Instruction.
5. To provide a collection of materials relevant to professional development and enrichment for all students and faculty.
6. To provide qualified personnel to serve the NHIA community and to develop and maintain the collections and evaluate services on a continuing basis.
Teti Library, Fuller Hall